School is out and for many that means vacations, new activities, and a different rhythm to life for approximately three months. Too often Christians allow the summer months to become an excuse for less regular participation in worship gatherings. While this is culturally acceptable—even expected—God has a different view.
Here are 5 reasons to worship faithfully this summer:
- God deserves it. God is holy, awesome, majestic, faithful, love, and everything we need. He deserves your grateful worship for all He is and His goodness in your life—all year round.
- You need it. Where else are you going to find joy, peace, and rest for your soul than in a growing relationship with Jesus?
- We are family. No one takes summer breaks from parenting or being a spouse (even though there may be days when that sounds quite nice! 🙂 ). Why would it make sense it take a break from your brothers and sisters in Christ?
- We are at war. The evil one wants to take you out through isolation, discouragement, pride, misguided priorities, and busyness. We all need to be reminded of the Truth regularly and have each other’s backs.
- Your actions matter. What do people learn about God through your worship habits? Do they learn that God is worth being the top priority in our lives or that He is only worth your time if there is nothing more important going on? Your faithfulness in worship is a powerful witness to our wider-community.
Summer is of course a time for vacations and so when you are on the road, search out a Jesus-centered, mission-minded church to worship with. It can be a powerful experience to connect with the family of God in another location!
Do not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. – Hebrews 10:25