practical faith Blog
Top 11 Tips for Online Worship
This year has launched us into a whole new way to worship together—online. How do we maximize that experience, have less stress, and experience all that God has for us? Here are ten great ideas.
- Set a time. Just as you plan to be at in-person worship at a set time, put a set time on your calendar to worship. If you can worship during the livestreams, even better.
- Make it a family event. If you live with others, get everyone together. Model the importance of worship to your household.
- Make it fun. Add coffee, pancakes, pizza, or other treats. Have a pajama worship service. Crank the volume and see who can do the coolest dance moves to the worship songs.
- Use your TV. If you are worshipping with others, this allows you to do it together more easily. Use the Facebook Watch App or the YouTube App. You can also connect a laptop computer via HDMI to your TV.
- Whether you watch the livestream on our website or on Facebook, engage with the service. Say hi. Share what God is saying to you. Encourage others.
- Engage your kids. Use the Kids Connect weekly take-home activities to keep your kids occupied during the service. Consistency in worship will help your child during these inconsistent times.
- Remove distractions. Turn off your phone’s ringer, turn off notifications, close other apps, windows, and tabs, and give God your full attention.
- Share your prayer requests. On both our website livestream and on Facebook, you have the opportunity to share prayer requests. Let your online host pray with you. Or share a prayer request anytime here.
- Do a video chat with your small group, extended family, or friends before or after worship, just like you would connect with people after an in-person service.
- Invite others. Set up a Facebook watch party. Share the video on your social media. God can use one simple invite or share to change the course of someone’s life.
- Download the Service. If you have slow internet, avoid the buffering by downloading the service before you watch it. On our watch page, click the Vimeo link on the bottom right corner of the video. This will bring you to the Vimeo website. Click on the “Download” button below the video. Once the file downloads, open it and worship! (This only works for on-demand pre-recorded services, not the LiveStream).
Whether you worship in-person or online is up to you. The important thing is that you worship. This is what followers of Jesus have done for 2000 years. This is what we do today. We worship God. Every week. And what does God do? He gives us life, peace, and hope. Don’t do life without Him. Be the church!
Are you ready to be done with 2020? Have you just about had enough of craziness and confusion? I think most of us are certainly ready for something way different than what we’ve experienced so far in 2020.
This fall I want to invite you to Reclaim 2020. I want you to pick up the broken pieces of this year and put them into the hands of Jesus and just see what He can do with them. Because here’s the thing: 2021 holds no promises for us. Our only hope is in Reclaiming 2020.
This fall don’t allow yourself to sink into anger and apathy, but instead get synced up with your Heavenly Father who wants to take the wreckage of 2020 and do something new in you.
by Pastor Nathan Anenson Music matters. It needs to fit the moment. You don’t work out to elevator music. You don’t have a romantic dinner with heavy metal music. It doesn’t work. So when it comes to the challenges, joys, frustrations, and disappointments we...
Join us for our Easter worship celebration for the BEST EASTER YET! He is Risen indeed, ALLELUIA!
May 7 Update from Pastor Nathan Hey church! I want to keep you updated as we continue to pray and discern how God is calling us to be the church during this unprecedented time. Remember the church is not closed--you are the church--and God is working through you in...
The Apostle Paul knew what it was like to have Jesus show up in your life, right in the middle of your mess, and change everything. He took this mindset of meeting people where they are into his work of sharing the good news of Jesus. Paul wrote in 1...
As the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season begins, what a great opportunity to pause and be intentional about how to bring our practical faith into the midst of our gatherings and celebrations. Whether you are celebrating with your small group, friends, or...